02 June 2010

Recipe # 20: Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette

I’ve always been a basic salad dressing kind of guy. Give me a nice olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar and I’m good to go. It was my roommate’s birthday over Memorial Day weekend, and as my gift I made and prepared dinner for him and a few of our friends. Although I am the only vegan, all my dishes were well received. For the salad, I picked up a delicious organic blend with radicchio, baby spinach, romaine and a bit of dill. I’m not the biggest fan of dill, and I knew a basic balsamic vinaigrette would be inappropriate. I was lucky enough to find an incredibly juicy lemon from the market, which ended up being absolutely perfect. Always one for more garlic, and trying to get my 3 raw cloves a week, I threw in some thinly diced cloves for an extra kick. The result was spectacular, and turned out to be my roommate’s favorite part of the meal. A perfect way to start the summer season!

Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette

1 lemon
4 cloves garlic
Fresh cracked pepper
Sea salt
Olive oil

Juice the lemon into a bowl and be sure to get any seeds out of the juice. Add twice the amount of olive oil (if you get ¼ cup of juice, add ½ cup of olive oil) directly into the juice. Slice the cloves in half and create a fine dice. Put the garlic in the bowl, along with a sprinkle of salt and cracked pepper to taste. Create the emulsion with a fork, about 1 minute. Let sit for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve over mixed greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online