05 May 2010

Nutritional Yeast

My previous experience with nutritional yeast was limited to scrambled tofu, and I rarely used it because I simply didn’t know how. To be honest, I still don’t really understand how to cook with it; however, I have been making a greater effort to use it as a topping on a meal once a day. Full of B-vitamins and other minerals, I have noticed a considerable difference in my energy levels and overall well-being the past two weeks. While it can be expensive, lessen the impact on your wallet and buy it in the bulk section of your local grocer. I like to sprinkle it on everything from a bowl of quinoa to broccoli to soup. Apparently, in the Midwest, they sprinkle it on popcorn so much theaters provide it for you. I have yet to try it as a popcorn topping yet, but it does add a uniquely salty flavor - almost like cheese powder, but in a good way. Try it out and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. i use it on all of my salads, and also in dehydrated raw kale chips!! yum! tastes just like cheese!!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online